This month we are delighted to show “Dreaming about when we can dance Again” a work by the artist Sandy Christie.
The Artist says:
During the period of lockdown I was captured by the idea of not being able to go dancing and how it is one of the most interactive fun and energetic thing to do with another person. I was interested in capturing some kind of abstract movement paired alongside vivid colour, so I got to work and created the Dreaming series.
Sandy lives and works in London.
He is originally from Methil, Fife, Scotland, and studied at Edinburgh College of Art, Edinburgh University
His latest exhibitions were:
- Aeroplane mode @ the chopping block gallery, London 2019;
- Visionaries and the Art of Performance, The Festival of the Two Worlds, Spoleto, Italy, 2019.
Past projects included:
- BBC Antiques Roadshow, (co presented)
- Antiques Roadshow detectives, Artist Sketchbooks, Sky Arts
- Portrait artist of the year series,
- Subconscious Portraits – Televised interview and portrait with Frank Skinner, Kelvingrove Museum, Glasgow.